7/31/08

We All Must Wear a Mask


I truly love facial masks. It is the one part of my skincare regimen that is always in constant flux. I am always on the look out that magical one that will cast the clogged demons out, shrink pores, and leave my skin radiant... all for under $20. Lol! A girl can dream can't she?

Lately I have been using Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask. It's claim to fame is the activated charcoal. Activated Charcoal is the same stuff that is used in hospitals to treat poisonings and overdoses. The charcoal binds with toxins so the body cannot absorb them. I figured if it could save a life than it may save my skin as well.



As soon as I laid eyes on the tube I was intrigued. The dark gray color just made me feel like it meant business. It is a medium consistency paste that is easily spreadable. It goes on kind of on the thin side so it dries within 5 minutes. It tightens as it dries, which is typical of clay based masks.

After rinsing, my skin did feel soft and some of my pores were cleared. I liked the fact that this mask didn't dry me out as much as other masks but I wasn't totally floored by the results. I added a bit of aspirin and this definitely took the mask to the next level. But honestly, what mask doesn't aspirin improve?

So over all... Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask wasn't earth shattering... Especially considering the fact that it $20 for 3.4 ounces. For $20 I don't think that I should have to add squat to truly get the results I want. So back to the drawing board. I will always keep tried and true Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque and crushed aspirin handy when those sididdy
masks fail me. We all know QHMJ & aspirin is the truth!







 
Template by Divalicious Designs