9/22/08

Autumn Skin Greatness

Today is the first day of Autumn. The leaves are already beginning to change in my neck of the woods. The warm summer air has departed to give way for that crisp fall breeze. Shortly we will all be donning super sexy knee boots and cozy sweaters. Mmmm... Yummy!

You may also have drier skin to sport with your latest BeBe bag...Yeah. Not the hottness.

Moisturizing your face can be tricky. There is a fine line between adequate moisture and being a greasy hot mess. Not enough moisture you are left with flaky, dull skin. Here are a few of my favorite moisturizes that walk the line perfectly:

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion


The last thing I expected was to find an HG on the bottom shelf at Rite Aid. I love this stuff. It uses Multivesicular Emulsion (MVE) technology to moisturize. That basically means that it penetrates the different levels of the skin slowly... like a time-release vitamin or something. CeraVe contains the same ceramides and hyaluronic acid as high end brands for a fraction of the price. $13 for 11 ounces!!!! A bottle will last until the day after forever. All you need is a pea sized drp to do your entire face.

Shiseido The Skincare Day Moisture Protection SPF 15 PA+


This light weight moisturizer absorbs super quick and leaves my face baby soft. The SPF 15 doesn't mean much to me because I prefer a high SPF but it's better than nothing. The Yuzu Seed extract helps balance moisture while boosting hyaluronic acid production. At $38 for 2.54 ounces this stuff puts a hurting on the pocket though. Sephora carries an introductory set that has cleanser, toner and moisturizer for $37.50. Not too bad.

Grape seed Oil

Grape seed oil has mildly astringent qualities. This help tighten and tone the skin. It has a very light and super thin feel to it. A few drops is all that is needed for the face. I use Retin A every other night so the morning after my skin needs some extra TLC. Grape oil leaves my skin super soft with out the greasy residue. The oil is very rich in fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. It also contains proanthocyanidins, which are very potent antioxidants helpful for diminishing the sun's harmful effects and lessening free radical damage. It is also said to have regenerative and restructuring qualities.

Grape seed oil is also wonderful to cook with. It has a higher smoking point than olive oil and is thought to lower cholesterol

What!?!?! Whooda thunk it?!?! I messes with the grape seed oil! Yes... I put oil on my skin. Straight, no chaser! All of this greatness and it's readily available and cheap to boot! I got a 16 ounce bottle from GNC for $9.99.

B.B.



 
Template by Divalicious Designs