7/22/08

Makeup Artist's Choice Brings the Medi-Spa to You

Hyperpigmentation is the bane of my existence. Every time my skin decides to act a fool I am left with the tell-tale scars for what seems like eons. To make matters worse... I often breakout in the exact same spots so scars that were finally fading are injected with a fresh dose of melanin! Yipee! After trying several worthless over the counter products, I went to the derm and received a prescription for Retin-A. This stuff is the truth! I'm talking about beautimous, Gabby Union type skin y'all! Unfortunately, if you don't have insurance you may need Gabby Union type duckets to foot the bill.

Being that my derm's office is also a medi-spa they are always trying to upsell. (I ain't mad at them. Times is hard! Lol).On one particular visit they were trying to talk me into buffered chemical peel set so I could (at my own risk lol) do my peels at home. A wonderful esthetician thoroughly described the different peels and what they were used for. Who knew that there were so many different peels? She explained that while it does sound suspect, peels can be done at home just as safely as they were being done in the office for a fraction of the price. After she carefully planted and watered the seeds of lust she gave me the price... $250 an ounce!!!! Evil woman! What in the over-priced-beauty-product-hell?!?!?!? I have had car payments that didn't cost that much! Since said car has gotten me much farther than my skin has I decided to pass.

I went home and did some searching and found out a few things:

1. At home chemical peels are not for the uneducated. If you don't do your research you can end up doing some serious damage. I don't care how beautificated you are... Excruciating pain and 1st degree burns are not a good look on anyone.

2. There are a lot of companies on the net selling chemical peel solutions. A whole lot... If you decide to purchase, please make sure it is a reputable company. The beauty industry is a multi billion dollar industry. There are far too many people out there trying sell you their new and improved version of high priced crap.

3. My derm needs to be beat with a stick (a very big stick!) for charging $250 for something that is readily available for 1/10th of that!

I ordered a 1/2 ounce sample 40% Lactic acid peel kit for $17.75 from Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC). $17.75 isn't a bad price at all. I have done 5 peels and still have a little more than half the bottle left. One peel at the derm's usually costs between $80 and $100. To achieve the desired effects (scar fading, reduction in wrinkles, etc) it takes a series of 4-6 depending on one's skin. Yeah ladies... It's a bargain to say the least.

MUAC has 8 different peels in different strengths depending on ones needs. They also offer a complete line of skin care products that are very affordable. The site is very easy to navigate. Complete ingredients and instructions are on the site so you know exactly what you are getting yourself into before you buy.

Keep any eye out for reviews of some the great things that MUAC has to offer. Until then-

Be bold and beautificated!

BB

 
Template by Divalicious Designs