7/29/08

Something to Shake a Stick At

If you haven't yet tried About Face Cosmetics, do yourself and favor and take the plunge. There are tons of mineral makeup companies out there. A Google search will result in eleventy billion results. To be honest with you, I'm not impressed with most of the ones that I have encountered. In my experience most don't offer anything that I haven't seen before. It's just blah backed up with boring.

About Face Cosmetics, which can be found at theshespace.com, are truly noteworthy. These are some if the most unique colors that I have seen. With over 200 eyeshadows available, there is a little bit of something for everyone. A little while back the "Pigment Bar" was launched. This is a feature that allows you to create your own shades of shadow. how cool is that?!?! Where else can you customize your own bit of special for $4.50? You read that right! $4.50 for a three gram jar FULL to the brim! Regular shades cost $4.

I admit, it took me a while to actually place an order because the samples are baggied. I had some weird mental block toward baggied samples. Yeah, I don't know what that's all about. Lol. So I bit the bullet and ordered full size shadows. When my order arrived all I could say was "Whoa". Simply fabulous I tell ya! I don't get excited over eyeshadow too often these days. My motto is "It can be duped" and more often than not I'm right. I mean let's be real... How many shades of taupe does a girl really need? Now teal... That's a whole 'notha story! Lol!


In a just a few days About Face will be launching a set of limited edition (
take a gander)shadows called "Cinderella Left Her Fella". Ha! How cute is that?! There are a total of 38 shades in the collection. At $4 a shadow plus $4.50 for shipping you could get the entire collection for $156.50!!! Now I'm not saying run out and spend bill money on eyeshadow but think about it... MAC's current Starflash collection features 12 shadows at $14.50 a pop. The entire collection (minus the liners) would cost $174. That's all I'm saying.

Acidic Reign is one the best selling TSS shadows. It is decribed as a vivid metallic blue green. I really can't think of any other shades that this is similar to. I went through my blues and greens and I don't have anything close. These pics really don't so this shade justice. If you are a blue shadow lover like myself than this is a must have.
Be Bold and beautificated! B.B.

 
Template by Divalicious Designs