8/5/08

Dr. Brandt Brings the Beauty but Breaks the Budget

On my last trip to Sephora, my dutiful shopping rewarded me with a deluxe sample of Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion. I had been eyeballing the Dr Brandt line for some time. The sleek, clinical style packaging called out to me. It just looked like it would bring the business. More research revealed an even more impressive ingredient list. The only thing holding me back was the price. Cleansers start at $35. Moisturizers are about $50 and several products hover around the very hard to swallow $100 mark. I would look longingly and keep it moving. There was absolutely no inner turmoil to deal with. There are some purchases that I just can't justify... even when using my twisted logic.



I usually stay away from samples that I know I would never purchase the full size. It's like ordering a very fattening mini dessert... Just when it started getting good it's over and you know you don't have any business with the full size one. Lol.

I'll be honest, while I had high expectations, a small part of me hoped that this stuff was crap. Sadly, it's not. It is a solid product. Only a small amount is needed to do the entire face. The instructions say to "slowly and gently" massage for 1-2 minutes. They aren't lying. This scrub is definitely not for those with sensitive skin. It is a serious scrub. It came to kick butt came and take name ya'll. After 1 use, my skin was was brighter. After 3 uses (using it every 3-4 days) I had a more even tone. It smells just like Lemon Pledge. But surprisingly I actually enjoy it.

The $75 price tag has definitely made me put on the breaks though. The price break down makes it easily justifiable though. You use so little each time, I could easily see a full size jar lasting 8 months. That comes to $9.38 a month. I don't know about you all but I have spent more than that on things that didn't work nearly as well. Parting with $75 all at once is hard though. Especially since it that lonely behind jar would be the only thing in the bag that day.

Before I commit to the full size jar I will try Olay's Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System. I have heard good things about it. Plus at about $25 for the set it is much easier on the pockets.
Be bold and Beautifucated,
B.B.







 
Template by Divalicious Designs