8/28/08

Drum roll please...

Its time for the first official review for

Banner made with BannerFans.com, hosted on ImageShack.us

Dang... My cornballness even amazes me at times. Lol. Anyways....

High Definition or HD is the new hotness on the makeup scene. HD makeup was created in response to high-definition photography, which is rapidly becoming the the industry standard. HD photography can be rather unforgiving so the makeup must still cover flaws but still look as natural as possible.

To be honest with you... I have absolutely no clue what makes HD makeup different from all of the other stuff but I'm a sucker for new makeup hotness. Here is what MUFE says about it's own new hotness, HD Invisible Cover Foundation:

"...It harmonizes the complexion and does not accentuate wrinkles, leaving natural-looking skin, and meets the needs of all women who want a beautiful complexion in daylight. Its extremely fine texture is supple and easy to apply... Enriched with moisturizing agents, HD Foundation leaves skin soft and radiant. It is available in a wide range of shades for all skin tones. "

Now that I take a look at them... MUFE doesn't really make any outlandish promises about this foundation. It doesn't promise younger, tighter or even flawless skin. I guess all you can expect is natural looking even tone. That's pretty much what it delivers.

MUFE HD is a medium coverage foundation. It's fairly buildable but if you have hyperpigmentation or dark under eye circles a separate concealer is a must. I'm not going to lie... I'm lazy when it comes to foundation and concealer so I am always on the lookout for a work horse foundation. One pump was all that I needed to do my entire face using the MAC 187. It was a breeze to blend and doesn't feel heavy at all. A regular foundation brush (like the 190) would have probably worked as well but I am foundation brush-tarderated. Every time I use my 190 my foundation goes all streaky. I used Dr.Brandt Microdermabrasion last night so I didn't have any flaking skin or dull patches to contend with.

MUFE HD gives a very dewy finish and does nothing in the way of oil control. If you are a MAC Studio Finish Fluid or a Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse fan than MUFE HD will not be yor friend. If you are oily then expect to be hella oily in a few hours.The ingredient Relipidium (whatever that is) is supposed to increase the moisture in the skin 46% over 4 hours. I used my regular moisturizer (Cera Ve, it's the business!) with it so this definitely contributed to the dewiness. A rice powder or some sort of blot powder is something that you need to have when you're fooling around with this foundation. I can see this being a great choice for dry or mature skin.

These pics were taken using a 40 watt GE Reveal light bulb.
MUFE HD in 178 and I concealed about 4 spots using kevyn Aucoin's SSE in these pics.

As per usual MUFE fashion, HD is available in wide array of shades, 25 to be exact! Plenty of brown girl friendly shades. At $40 a pop, it's not the most wallet friendly foundation out there but no one ever accused MUFE of cheap.

Finished results with MAC Blot Powder. Ya'll see me wiggin out! Gettin my protective styling on!

So what's the verdict?

3.5 out a possible 5 points.

Meh... It's nice but nothing to break a heel trying to get to. I don't see any difference between this and several other foundations. Maybe I can get Mr. Brown to buy me a hi-def digi cam and that's when the magic will happen. Until then, I will keep it moving. For $40 I was expecting to be wowed a little more.

Has anyone tried this? Planning on it? Let me know.

B.B.






 
Template by Divalicious Designs