8/27/08

Yu-Be Ashy No More!

A lot has changed since moving to the hills of northwest Connecticut. I have gracefully adapted to crazy high gas prices, fickle weather patterns and my newly acquired size 10 derriere. The one thing that I can't seem to get a handle on is my skin. It is much drier here than back home in the Illadelph and I've got the ashy ankles to prove it. I'm talking ridiculous ash. Like someone beat me with a bag of flour type of ash. It really made no since. When regular old Vaseline Intensive Care was no longer cutting it I knew it was time to bring in reinforcements.

I was
immediately curious when I received a sample of Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream because it has a glycerin base as opposed to water or petroleum that is found in most lotions and creams. Glycerin is hygroscopic... That's just a fancy way of saying it attracts or absorbs water from the air. I was already sold on the greatness that is glycerin because I had been using on my natural tresses for some time now.


I used the sample on my hands and ordered a tube from Sephora straight away. No second thoughts. No further testing. I was sold. That's how good this stuff is ya'll. My hands were super soft and no ash to be found. It sank in almost instantly and didn't leave my hands greasy or sticky. I only needed a small amount to do both hands.

Yu-Be does contain camphor (as well as vitamins E and B12) so it has that distinct camphor smell to it. Think Vicks Vapo-Rub but much lighter. It dissipates fairly quickly. It's not a very strong or overpowering scent but if you don't care for a menthol scent than this not the cream for you.

Sephora carries Yu-be on line in three different sizes. The 1.7 oz tube costs $15 and the 2.75 oz jar is $24. But Ebay is the business! I got the 4.25 oz jar for $15.95 from Skinxchange. It can also be purchased directly from the website.

Has anyone tried this? What is your ash defeater? Let a sista know!

B.B.

 
Template by Divalicious Designs