9/2/08

I Need to Step up My Manicure Game


Up until a year ago I was a life long nail biter.It was bad. I never drew blood or anything... just never gave my tips a fighting chance to achieve greatness. A year ago I figured that it was time to get my grown and sexy on and try growing my own nails. Wow... It's a lot harder than it looks. I learned a lot about nail care from the fabulous woman on the nail board over at Makeup Alley. I still have a ways to go. I just recently learned the joys of a glass file and I am still working on a basecoat/topcoat combo that works for me.

I know that this isn't the prettiest manicure but I had to share fabness that is Finger Paints Brilliant Brushstroke.




See the spah-kles!!! This is one of my favorite shades. One of the unexpected bonuses of taking care of my nails is cheap, instant gratification. While $15- $20 on a new lippie or eyeshadow can break the budget at times $5 (most of the time even cheaper than that) on a new polish can be a great pick-me-up that won't leave you feeling guilty.... Or give you a case of makeup induced anorexia because you spent this weeks lunch money of the latest must have eyeshadow! Lol!

My pictures really don't do this polish any justice. Ya'll gotta run to Sally's and check this one out in person. Oh... If you need a little more coaxing, Sally's just began carrying China Glaze polishes. This is exciting news for polish heads as China Glaze has great colors for the right price. Finger Paints has a tool on it's site that allows you "try on" shades. The colors are not 100% accurate but it's still fun to play around and get an idea of what you're working with.

What are some of your fave shades? Any tips on doing a great mani? Let me know.

B.B.

 
Template by Divalicious Designs