10/22/08

A little while back I received requests to review Revlon Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer and to do a FOTD with a NARS blush. I figured I would kill two birds with one stone.

I am a whole hearted believer in foundation primers. A good one can totally change how well makeup applies, settles and ultimately looks through out the day. You can think of primer like spacke for your face. It should decrease the apperance of surface flaws essentially gining you a smooth canvas to apply your foundation. Notice I said decrease and not obliterate. Primer will not make the scars from a run with an ice pick disappear. It's just makeup not miracle juice.

This is with primer and foundation only. WTH is going on with the fro is beyond me.

Revlon Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer is a solid primer over all. It does everything a good primer should do. I was surprised that I liked it because the last silicone based gel primer I tried was not my friend. A greasy face and a nasty breakout was all I was left with at the end of the day. After wearing it for a full 1o hours there was still blush on my cheeks which is impressive . I had to blot around the 5th of 6th hour but this is par for the course for me. My face wasn't a crisco reserve with 3 hours. The were no more blemishes than I started with when I washed my face in the evening.

The most disappointing thing about RBNSP is the fact that it doesn't seem to do anything for the pores in my t-zone. They were still just as visible as before I put it on. It is also scented. Citrus and evergreen-y if that makes any sense.

Final verdict
Cost- 12.99 for 1 oz
Would I buy it?- Yes
Who is it for? Someone one looking for a good, inexpensive primer. I would be hesitant if you have a history with breakouts using silicone based primers.

On to the goodness that is NARS blush! NARS has one of the best blush formulas in the business. Crazy pigmented and long lasting.

I can't front... I was like blush smush until I purchased my first NARS blush. It was Crazed and I was fully prepared to take it back. The whole concept of blush was so foriegn to me that I *gasp* wouldn't even wear most of the time. That all came to a screeching halt the first time I wore Crazed. It applied like a dream using my MAC 187 brush. Using a traditional blush brush had me on straight clown mode. The pigmentation is not something to be played with. At. All.

NARS blush blends like no one's business and never looks powdery or flakey. It doesn't kling to cheek fuzz or settle in pores making them like bigger. They really are perfection in a pressed powder form!

For this FOTD I used NARS Dolce Vita blush. I really could go on and on about this blush but I will riegn in my inner NARS stan. Lol. I used DV on my lips and I eyes as well. Hey... If you're gonna do it, do it big. That's my motto.


Here's a pic of the products used. The only thing not pictured is my foundation, Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer.

Publish Post


B.B.

 
Template by Divalicious Designs