10/3/08

Politically Pretty Challenge



This is my submission for the Politically Pretty challenge that B and Kia put together.

This was a surprisingly thought provoking challenge. While I have never been one of profound patriotism, I am surely not looking for the first thing smoking out of the good ole U.S. of A. My experiences just hasn't left me with an overwhelming affinity for the red, white and blue. I was brought up to be a proud, strong, black woman. Not a proud, strong, American.

I can totally relate to Michelle O's feelings of a delayed sense of pride for her country. It's been a loooooong time coming.

So, with all that being said.... The inspiration of my PP FOTD was the the Kenyan flag.


Barack Obama is half Kenyan and the colors red, black and green have been used to signify solidarity and pride amongst people of African descent for years. We even have a flag!

FACE
Kevyin Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer X14
Maybellin Dream Mousse Blush in Retro Rose
IsaDora Mineral Blush in Caramel Crisp

EYES
TFSI (not shown)
MAC Paint Flammable
HIP Paint in Steely
MAC e/s in Hot Contrast (only black side used)
MAC e/s in Carbon
NYX e/s in Kiwi
some random red mineral e/s I pressed
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Deep Dark (highlight under brow)
Styli Style flat pencil in Tokyo
Jordan Easyliner in Seagreen
Sephora waterproof eyekohl in Keep Black (this is the truth ya'll!)

LIPS
Aquaphor



Check out all of the other Politically Pretty Bellas!



Be sure to vote on November 4th. Make your voice be heard.
B.B.

 
Template by Divalicious Designs